Wednesday 24 June 2015

SUMMER BEAUTY FAVOURITES

Today at Eleven Oh Seven we're talking beauty! We always find ourselves customising our make up bag to the current season, whether it's dusting off brighter lip colours or using a lighter foundation. We can safely say that the start of this season has been no different, so today have decided to share with you our beauty favourites for this season.


S' Favourites



Gimme Brow - Benefit
I am aware that I'm late on the Gimme Brow product hype, but as I felt that my brows needed a little help to keep shape during the day, I decided to try Benefit's Gimme Brow. This product has been exactly what I've been looking for it keeps my eyebrows in shape all day and adds depth to the brow, making it perfect for any time of the year.

Lipstick 210 Coral in Gold - Rimmel
A bright lip for summer? Shocker! But I, like others love to experiment more with my lip colour during the summer months. This season I'm loving this orange coloured lipstick from Rimmel called 210 Coral in gold. It's on trend and goes perfectly with my gold/bronzed eyes. During the summer months I also like to wear a brighter pink colour lip for a more bold look.

Oatifix Face Mask - Lush
During recent weeks I have noticed my face feeling a little bit more dry. I'm not sure whether it's products I've previously used or the warmer weather, but I decided to use a hydrating face mask. I tried one of the natural face masks from Lush called Oatifix. I can safely say that I am in love with this product and have highly felt the benefits: my skin feels hydrated and very nearly back to it's previous condition after only two weeks of using it! The natural ingredients are soothing on the skin and definitely adds a glow.

Micellar Cleansing Water - Garnier
As I mentioned above about my skin recently, I also decided to stop using make up wipes and begin removing my make up with this Garnier Micellar cleansing water. I find that this product has helped restore the natural hydration in my skin and easily takes off my make up with out damaging my skin.

Naked 3 Palette - Urban Decay
Ever since receiving the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for Christmas I've been obsessed with it! It's perfect for any occasion: for day to day subtle looks or a more dramatic evening look. For summer I tend to use more of the gold bronze colours for a more glowing look for the lighter and warmer evenings. If I haven't already talked about the Naked 3 palette before on the blog, (then where have I been?!) the colours are very pigmented and last all day. Plus with the help of primer the eye shadow doesn't crease which is great during the summer months when the weather is hotter.



K's Favourites






























Dry Shampoo - Batiste
This is an all-year must-have for me, but in the summer on hot days or when you just want an extra bit of texture and volume in your hair, this product works wonders. It's so quick and easy to use, it makes your hair look great in-between washes.

Face Form - Sleek Make Up
This contour-and-blush kit (I purchased the kit in the shade Light) is so gorgeous for summer, containing contour powder, highlight and a beautiful shimmery pink blush. All three are super pigmented, but still look natural for a subtle contour.

Anti-Age Under Eye Concealer - Maybelline
After hearing so many rave reviews about this product I thought I'd give it a go, and I wasn't disappointed! The spongy applicator helps apply the concealer evenly, and it has brilliant coverage without feeling heavy on my skin. On good skin days in the summer, this product will be enough to use under the eyes and on a few blemishes without wearing foundation too.

Healthy Mix Serum - Bourjois Paris
This gel based foundation is perfect for the summer as it feels a lot lighter on the skin than a regular liquid foundation. The formulation glides on the skin beautifully and gives a medium coverage, slightly glowy look, as well as smelling gorgeous and fruity. The product boasts to last for 16 hours, but I haven't found that, as I have combination/oily skin. However using a primer and setting powder does give you that extra staying power.

Coconut & Pear Hydrating Lip Balm - Burt's Bees
I'm a huge Burt's Bees fan, from their moisturisers to body lotions, all the products I've tried are amazing! I own a fair few of the lip balms in the range, but this coconut and pear product is my favourite for the summer season - it really does hydrate your lips and keep them smelling sweet.

Vanilla & Saffron Body Lotion - Liz Earle
Surprise, surprise, Liz Earle makes another appearance in a favourites post! I was so happy that Liz extended her range to include body wash and lotions as I knew they'd be good quality, much like the rest of her products! With vanilla being one of my favourite scents, this saffron and vanilla infusion lotion was a no-brainer for me, and I love it. It's a gorgeous sweet smell that lasts and leaves your skin feeling super soft.



We hope you've enjoyed looking into our summer make-up and beauty bags to see what we're loving this sunny season. What are your beauty favourites right now? Let us know below or on Twitter!
We're also over on Instagram and Pinterest, so go check us out!

We recently announced a little change-up with our blog post days, so we'll see you on Sunday for our last Summer Getaway post of the month.

S & K  xo

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24 June, 2015

    Yes to all of these! Esp the Liz Earle lotion (love the cleanse and polish cleanser from her too), the Batiste dry shampoo, the Naked palette, Lush, and the Micellar cleansing water. <3 Wonderful picks!

    www.GlossyFinds.com

    ReplyDelete