Sunday 28 August 2016

Summer Favourites

Happy Sunday!

Today marks the last Sunday of August which means that summer is sadly coming to an end (where did the time go?!) We decided to end the summer in style by celebrating some of the products and items that we've been loving over the summer months and will continue to use into the autumn and winter.


Beauty



Confession time! I was originally attracted to this perfume because of the beautiful bottle! Luckily when I tested it in store I fell in love with the scent. Love Story has definitely become one of my all- time favourite scents. 

I was introduced to Caudalie through Rosie Huntington-Whitley's Snapchat where she said that Caudalie was one of her favourite cleansers and perfect for dry skin. The cleansing oil is perfect for removing your make-up without being too harsh or drying out your skin.

The Caudalie cleansing milk soothes and cools your skin after a long day and is very hydrating.  Since switch-up of my make up remover and cleanser, my skin has improved tremendously and now feels fresher and more hydrated.


I was always unsure about trying out a cream highlighter, I could never understand how the cream formulae could be pigmented, how I was wrong! I now love this gold undertone cream highlighter! 

I loved the OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass collection so much I wrote a whole post about it here. Fearlessly Alice was my favourite colour from the whole collection and the nail colour I have been wearing the most this summer.


I was lucky enough to receive this Charlotte Tilbury lip cheat for my birthday. It is the perfect nude lip colour, the lip liner is also ideal to shape and naturally over line your lips helping to create a fuller pout.

Who knew buying a red lipstick could be so hard! Every red tone I tried had never looked right on me until I tried the Eva red lipstick from L'Oreal. This Eva Red is just the shade I was looking for, perfect for summer nights.






Pixi Glow Tonic - £18.00
I bought this after seeing it recommended on Caroline Hirons' blog and love it! You really notice how it brightens and smooths the skin, and with ingredients such as witchhazel and aloe vera it's not hard to understand why!

I featured this nail varnish colour in my last post about my fake-nail experience, but I couldn't not include it as one of my summer favourites. This colour is such a gorgeous dusky/sky blue pastel and is perfect for the summer season.

 This is such a lazy-girl hack for people like me who hate to moisturise after getting out of the shower. Used just like hair conditioner, but for your body, it's super quick and smells divine! Plus you don't end up with that greasy feeling of moisturiser either.

A dupe for Charlotte Tibury's 'Pillowtalk' Lip Cheat (as S has above!), it's the perfect base for all nude lipsticks and on it's own too.

This blush has been my go-to for a few months now, as it's the perfect shade for slightly bronzed summer skin. The slight sheen in the blush also is perfect for this time of year.

I've loved this perfume for a while now, but it comes in and out of stock pretty quickly so nab it while you can! It's a gorgeous smell, and as a dupe for Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, it's so cheap! Just be aware that it's definitely not as long-lasting.



Fashion & Accessories 


I fell in love with this pouch as soon as I saw it in Bristol. This pouch has now become my iPad case as it is the ideal size for holding an iPad Mini. 

 Since buying this Zara bag I have been using it non-stop (thankfully it goes with every outfit) sadly due to the light cream colour I have noticed that it has started to stain slightly where it has been rubbing against my clothes (mainly jeans).

This Ted Baker purse is the perfect size for all my smaller cross body bags. I love how compact the purse is while also being large enough to hold some cards and small change. 




I bought this bag a few months ago in Topshop and haven't stopped wearing it this summer! It's that gorgeous shade of dusky pink which is everywhere right now and goes with pretty much everything. Definitely a summer staple that I'll be wearing through until the Autumn too.

All of Olivia Burton's watches are gorgeous, but this one goes with absolutely everything! The dot pattern on the face has the subtle detail that I love, and the grey straps match my (usually monotone!) outfits. The rose gold face also looks beautiful with summer bronzed skin.

Being a huge trainers fan (I mean, ultimate comfort for everyday wear? Yes please!) I couldn't not adore these Nike Theas. The lilac colour seems to look different depending on what you wear them with, but they've been perfect to brighten up a casual outfit.



Lifestyle 


 Who doesn't love Lauren Conrad right?! I have loved all her books since beauty and her latest Celebrate book has for me has been better. The mix of stunning photographs and party ideas has filled me with inspiration. 




I'm a massive planner anyway, but recently I've been really into using my diary everyday as more of a planning tool: with to-do lists for the week and my days. This beautiful Cath Kidston diary has monthly and weekly spreads as well as space for shopping lists and everything else!

Gilmore Girls was always a favourite of mine to watch back when it was on e4, but I never watched the whole show in order! So when I saw all 7 seasons had been released on Netflix I was pretty excited to get into it again - does anyone else want to go and live in Stars Hollow?! Plus I think I can speak for the both of us when I say we can't wait for the new episodes later this year!



We hope you enjoyed reading about our summer favourites - what's been your go-to essentials for this season? Have a brilliant bank-holiday (if you're here in the UK) and we'll see you on Tuesday for another post.

S & K  xo 

Twitter  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest  //  Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment