Tuesday 11 October 2016

AUTUMN / FALL LIP FAVOURITES

Happy Tuesday!
 
Since Autumn is my favourite season (I mean, who doesn't love the changing of the leaves & crisp, bright days?!) and it's the perfect time of year to change up your wardrobe and beauty looks, I thought I'd share my current lip routine and some favourite colours I will be using non-stop this season!



It's always good practice to prep your lips before applying colour, and this is a must when the colder weather starts to arrive, with it bringing the promise of cracked lips! Also being a huge fan of a good matte lip means prepping before adding colour is an important step to ensure your colour to stay on for longer.


 I like to start with this Santa Lip Scrub from Lush - an exfoliant that leaves lips feeling super soft and even in texture!
  I then reach for my favourite lip butter from Herbivore Botanicals in sweet-smelling Blood Orange. (This one isn't sold any more but check the rest of their range here) It's a really rich and moisturising texture which is perfect for pre-colour lips.



 These are swatches of my favourite lip colours for this season. They're not quite berry colours (classic choice for this time of year) but almost neutral: not too bold but still richer & more autumn or fall-like.


1. Charlotte Tilbury: Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria

I absolutely adore this shade! Definitely a spendy purchase but oh so worth it. I think this colour would look great one any skin tone (it differs on each person - I was worried it wouldn't suit me as this shade is Kim K's go-to and I'm lighter skin-toned but it just looks more berry/pink-ish).  The formula is super moisturising and definitely doesn't have that drying feel like other cheaper matte lipsticks I have! This colour is also buildable so you can go as bold as you like with it. Also it smells gorgeous, an extra bonus!

 
2. NYX: Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in 07 Sandstorm

I first heard about this product thanks to Zoella mentioning it in a monthly favourites video a little while ago now, and absolutely loved the shade on her. As you can see from the swatch above, this colour is brown-tinted which is a big difference for me as I usually shy away from very neutral colours as they tend to wash me out. However, this colour has a pink-y undertone to it which allows me to wear this gorgeous colour without having to worry about it being too wish-washy.

3. NYX: Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in 04 Soft Spoken
 
This colour is more of a deeper pink, as you can see from the swatch above. Being from the same line as the previous colour, I knew I'd love this shade. It can be super dark if you build it up which is great for a night out! Formula-wise, this product isn't super drying and definitely doesn't crack which is brilliant for a matte liquid lip, but I'd still use some lip balm underneath to ensure you lock in some moisture to keep your lips looking good all day. As for wearability of this liquid lip (and the same goes for the above colour, too) it's great! I barely have to touch it up throughout the day but keep it handy if I'm going for food or drinks.


What are your go-to shades for autumn/fall?! We're always on the lookout for different brand to try too so let us know what you're wearing!

K  xo
 
Twitter  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest  //  Bloglovin'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment